• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Phoenix Job Fair- Pilot Hiring Update for 2012

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ever since the Colgan 3407 crash, that is the new unwritten rule. I don't know anyone getting hired at a major/legacy/national carrier with 3 (or more) failures.

I was thinking more along the lines of who the ******************** actually needs to write that into application requirements...3 is ok but no more than that? Geez...

I attended the job fair and thought it was somewhat underwhelming. There were a total of maybe 120 or so applicants, of whom only 10 or 11 talked to USAirways. The majority of the attendees seemed to be CFIs and lower-time folks looking for their first regional job.

I attended the job fair and thought it was somewhat underwhelming. There were a total of maybe 120 or so applicants, of whom only 10 or 11 talked to USAirways. The majority of the attendees seemed to be CFIs and lower-time folks looking for their first regional job.

That's not surprising.

If I was 23, right out of college and have a wet certificate, I would be really excited about going to this job fair. I remember getting my first airline job flying a small turbo prop and thinking it was the coolest thing in the world. I couldn't imagine jumping into an rj or something back then.

Fast forward 10 years, and looking at the whos-who of airlines that are showing up to this thing just depresses me. Oh Well, at least when I sleep, I can always just dream about working at the majors or having a dignified job.

Since 13 were called in for interviews, we must be taking anyone that applies, plus a few. That's surprising since we had several thousand qualified applicants recently for 40 positions.:rolleyes:

Since 13 were called in for interviews, we must be taking anyone that applies, plus a few. That's surprising since we had several thousand qualified applicants recently for 40 positions.:rolleyes:

13 called from the job fair or 13 called in period?

Latest resources

Back