• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

deafsound

resident rock star
Hey folks,
If anyone could recommend a decent golf course, not too far from any airport in the PHX area that won't be too expensive (preferably less than 50 bucks), I'd appreciate it.
I understand the prices go up in the winter down that way.
I'll be flying in from KSEE on or about December 17th if anyone is interested.
Thanks
DW

Papago used to be a great muni when I lived there 10 years ago.

It has the "feel" of "old" Phoenix.

Good luck getting a tee-time, and plan on at least a 5 hour round.

deafsound said:
Hey folks,
If anyone could recommend a decent golf course, not too far from any airport in the PHX area that won't be too expensive (preferably less than 50 bucks), I'd appreciate it.
I understand the prices go up in the winter down that way.
I'll be flying in from KSEE on or about December 17th if anyone is interested.
Thanks
DW

There is a municipal course at Williams Gateway (KIWA) and North on Power Road is Superstition Springs, but that one is somewhat pricey. South of that there is the Power Ranch area course, don't know it's name or green fees. And there are probably about 50 more in the greater PHX area. One that my cousin plays often and enjoys is ASU's course in Tempe. Whatever you do, enjoy the weather. Oh, and don't chase the ball into the brush along the fairway. But in winter, even in PHX, most rattlesnakes are in hybernation.

I 2nd Aguila - I think its one of the best deals in town, cheap rates, good condition and easy to get on.

b737swafo said:
Trilogy is by Power Ranch, which is near KIWA, it's nice course. It gets kinda spendy during winter. Check out http://www.golf602.com/areacode.asp?TRK= it has pretty good rates but you have to be a little flexible.

Good Luck

I knew there was one there, but didn't know the name. There is also another one further out off 60 on the way to Florence Junction. It is Gold Canyon. Though, I'm not sure that you don't have to be a member there. I'm into hiking rather than golf, so I see that place on my way out to the Peralta Trailhead in the Superstitions when I'm there.

Latest resources

Back