• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PHL Crew room remodeling..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
can't be as bad as the stairwell (alt entrance to the crewroom) smell. walking into that thing was like getting a dose of instant lung cancer.

Walk up and down the stairs a few times, you'll get excercise (if you don't die), and you save money on smokes. Its on of the many soft benefits we have at this job that so many of the complainers fail to realize.

Does that mean you guys aren't going to have that huge pile of crew bags in the middle of the room?

Even more!! The AWAC hangar crew room was supposedly being closed by the fire marshal. The original plan was for the F crew room to go completly AWAC and a smaller room for transient crews was going to open. May have changed but who knows.

Jeez, there's a crew room in PHL now? It's been a few years... last time I flew in there, a "new crew room" would mean towing a new trailer onto the spot. :D

You mean like the old CommutAir trailer in CLE?

Actually the crew room in PHL has the potential to be a very nice crew room. Decent size space, nice big bay windows overlooking the ramp, right next to the USAirways club upstaris from the food court.

The problem has been stained carpets, nasty worn out furniture, tons of old Mesa filing cabinets and computers lying around, and not enough bag racks. Add to it that many pilots and FAs do not pick up after themselves and place being rarely cleaned, it is a real mess.

I think new carpeting, new furniture and more bag racks are in order. It would be nice to get some TV in there (even CommutAir has DirectTV in their crewroom/hallway in CLE - and had a Playstation until it got stolen by the cleaners), and wireless internet as well.

You mean like the old CommutAir trailer in CLE?

Oh, no -- much, much worse. It was also the rampies' trailer, and it was the filthiest thing I'd ever seen. I genuinely thought I was going to get knifed if I went in there at night!

Add to it that many pilots and FAs do not pick up after themselves and place being rarely cleaned, it is a real mess.

I've never understood why people can't clean up their own messes. I'm not talking about washing the floors and taking out the trash -- that's what they hire folks to help with -- but basic stuff like throwing your lunch away instead of stuffing it in a bag and just leaving it on the table.

And they're always the first to bitch about how messy the room is... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back