• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PHL Crashpad?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Off the top of my head if you don't have a car you'll be stuck to crashpads in Essington (to the south of the airport by the boeing plant you fly past on final for 9R). Most of the crashpads are here anyway. Some guys go in and get a month to month room/crashpad at the Lagoon although that may not be done anymore as I think they changed some hotel rules after they renovated it last year.

The bus goes to Essington and you can walk it if you really had to. Some of the crashpads have a car that they share so you either leave it in the employee lot if your the only one in the pad or someone drops/pick you up if they have the car at the pad.

This guy has a few pads in the area. He is an FA for mainline flys mostly 190 day trips. His wife is a mainline FA also. I've worked with him and he is a nice down to earth/good guy.

Jim 610-595-9899

www.phlpilotpad.com

Last edited:
Question for the guys who are based in PHL and don't commute: is there anyone you know of who lives as far south as Lewes Delaware? I figure it's about a 2hr drive from PHL. Do a lot of pilots live in DE to take advantage of the favorable taxes? If so, any recommendations on a good town for a young family? Many thanks-

LC

Question for the guys who are based in PHL and don't commute: is there anyone you know of who lives as far south as Lewes Delaware? I figure it's about a 2hr drive from PHL. Do a lot of pilots live in DE to take advantage of the favorable taxes? If so, any recommendations on a good town for a young family? Many thanks-

LC

Not sure about Lewes DE but I do know plenty of PHL based flight crews (pilots and FAs) that live in DE. I know several pilots that sit reserve in the Dover area. Current contract says 90 min DRIVE TIME. The one we go to under the AMR MOU says something like a "reasonable amount of time" so I would think that means 2 to 3 hours. Although I can't wait to see how some of our jems (every airline has them) will abuse this.

I have an hour and ten minute drive from where I live in PA. I tell sked if they quick call me that I'll be there in 2 to 2.5 hours depending on time of day. I can be away from my house at my hangar or intown and go home, get cleaned up, grab my bags and be in the terminal in 2.5 hours without rushing like I'm on some kind of nuke strike alert.

As for a town I don't know DE that well. NE of PHL in Bucks County and north I can help you with. I have a cousin that is in Summit DE (just below the canal) and he seems to like it. His neighborhood is very nice. Not sure about schools in DE. I have the feeling that what you may save in DE taxes you'll spend in private schools down in DE.

95 between Wilmington DE and the airport can be a real b#@ch.

If you want info on PA let me know. Stay out of Jersey.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back