• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

2000flyer

EASY FLYER
From Avweb.com

TAB Express International, a flight school in Deland, Fla., abruptly closed down on June 15, putting 49 employees out of work and stranding 80 students, some of whom had paid up to $100,000 each in up-front tuition. The school blamed the shutdown on an abrupt cutoff of financing from Key Bank in Ohio, which had been lending money to the students. State Attorney General Charlie Crist said his office would investigate to determine if any fraud had occurred. "The flight school said it had an airline and that if students flew for it for two years their loans would be repaid, but they didn't have an airline," a spokeswoman for the attorney general told AOPA.

They didn't have an airline, but you'd fly for them. Now there is a stretch (note sarcasm!)

2000Flyer

What about bob odamo he will get out of all this for sure. Everything is registered in Ptach's name.

So they never got that 1900 operation up? I thought they had painted some planes?

I knew something was wrong with them when I applied to be a first officer there, not PFT, and they said I was over qualified at 450 hours.

Latest resources

Back