PFT question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyingBuckI said:
As far as my comment on experience, feel free to reference the end of that comment where I said there are always exceptions. You appear to be one of those, but there's always more to learn.

must have jumped the gun there. sorry i misunderstood your comment.
thanx for the positive feedback. allthough the school im at isnt a PFT, it's still putting me in a whole lotta debt. but i guess that comes with the territory.

- kream

PFT Pay for training. I payed for all of my training.

I believe it means paying for a position as a crewmember that would otherwise be a paid position on a revenue flight.

PFT is a misleading label that unscrupulous employers placed on the practice of buying a job. In years past, when pilots were a dime a dozen, AND when upward mobility still existed, pilots were willing to work for little in order to stay flying after a furlough or shutdown. Opportunistic employers soon recognized the situation andstarted charging for jobs.

Let us be perfectly clear. PFT is not about Training. PFT is, and was, THE BUYING OF A JOB.

In years past, when the majors were still hiring, PFT could pay off because it allowed an aspiring pilot to stay in, or get into the 121 system and he could fly there while he waited for Delta, etc to call.The only problem (except the one about basic fairness) is that the big employers were watching; they saw the supply of pilots, and the desire of those pilots to work for less and started applying pressure on their own pilots to conceed.

Now, we have an entire industry where the employers are attempting massive concessionary grabs, largely because they believe that pilots(especially pilots) WILL accept anything to continue to fly. That's thePFT legacy.

Never pay them for a job that they will pay you to accomplish.

enigma

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back