Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

smellthejeta

The plane I solo'd in
Heard through the rumor mill that Petersen closed up their Part 135 charter dept. Any truth to the rumor or anything more to the rumor? I also heard that the facility and the charter fleet (a couple of GIV's and a couple of Hawkers) is up for grabs for about $125 mil.

I have heard the same thing. Jet Aviation is supposed to be sniffing around the package, which is way over priced BTW.

Spooky 1 said:
I have heard the same thing. Jet Aviation is supposed to be sniffing around the package, which is way over priced BTW.

The gouge that I heard is that the FBO and charter department are up for sale at $120 or there abouts. That seams to be a very reasonable asking price given the number of planes in their charter dept. I heard Clay Lacy tried to make a lowball offer at $80 million and was told to take a hike.

Actually there are severak aircraft built into that number. When you factor them out of that price, the deal is worth closer to 60 million, or so I am told.

Petersen VNY

I was on their website a few weeks ago out of curiosity and there was a link for charter. A few days ago I heard the news as well and went back to find that link removed! Pretty compelling evidence that something really big has happened there!

Latest resources

Back