Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PilotKitch

Registered Registrant
Anyone been lately? Will be there for a week and looking for recommendations on places to stay?

Thanks

Stay here...http://www.brufanipalace.com/

Its in a great location, a little dated but large rooms and clean. Not expensive.

Breakfast included, fairly reliable internet, friendly staff, and walking distance to everything. About a 25min ride from airport to Hotel.

Airport services can be a little slow (its Italy) Plenty of parking by the control tower. Dont rely on them for anything except fuel/ice/lav. Do your own catering. Transportation is simply a taxi out front. Return through airport requires a run through the airline security - but really no more than 10min process.

Be sure to take the 5e bus ride over to Assisi for a day or even overnight - well worth it. Perugia gets old quick as its quaint...look into the train to Florence also...no crowds this time of year and IMO best time to visit! If possible I would divide up the stay between the 2 cities.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
While I have never been, I have consistently heard that the Brufani is excellent. :bomb:

Thanks for the recommendation, we are both bringing our wives over for the week and will be doing the Rome, Florence, Pisa, etc tourist rounds.

Any other tips on "things to see" outside the main cities?

Thanks for the recommendation, we are both bringing our wives over for the week and will be doing the Rome, Florence, Pisa, etc tourist rounds.

Any other tips on "things to see" outside the main cities?

You're staying in the heart of Tuscany man.....it gets no better for a wife/girlfriend food/wine trip....but I would personally skip Rome and Pisa..

Enjoy

Great Food

I did a trip over to Perugia about 1.5 years ago. I loved it. The food is outstanding and the people are very nice. The view from the old city is very pretty and it was exactly what I had thought Italy would be like. Enjoy your stay.

That place amazing, man! Don't know if you've left already, but definitely stay at the Brufani, if you can. Right across the street, you can take the stairs down to the ancient city. Tons of history there. Great restaurants within walking distance, but the best feature, by far, is the pool at the bottom of the hotel!

Latest resources

Back