• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

barnyard

F Caravans
Hey All-

I have a client buying an L-39 to start jet training for his Javelin delivery a few years down the road.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get an LOA to operate in a designated airspace above 18000'? And even better, can you name it whatever you want???
ex- Cleared into the Barnyard MOA report RTB?

How might i go about this? My inital though is to give that guy in Oklahoma City who deals with the certification of surplus military stuff a call.

???

Thanks in Advance-

Barn

If you're referring to reserving airspace for training/flight test use, I don't think you'll have much luck. As far as I know, any properly equipped aircraft can be given clearance into Class A airspace- even Experimental and Experimental/Exhibition, and ATC will try to accomodate you for flight test missions. You won't be able to "reserve" a block of airspace for your own use, though.

Does your client have sufficient flight experience to embark on this adventure? I've seen surplus military jets get the better of numerous well-to-do individuals who wanted a unique toy and got in over their heads.
I'm not looking forward to the pending arrival of the "microjets" like the Eclipse, the Safire, and especially the Javelin! I'm afraid the integration of these aircraft into the airspace will be problematic, and the accident rate will be unacceptable.
Hopefully I'm wrong...

Where were you planning to set this airspace up?

I doubt you're gonna get any "reserved" airspace, or even a 1 hr block of flight levels unless it's very unused airspace.

Latest resources

Back