• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Perks of having ALPA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My opinions of unions has always been that they are there to protect labor from mgmt mainly bad ones or vindictive ones and to protect the f-ups and lazy people.

I agree that things would be worse at Mesa, PNCL, Mesaba if there were no union but a good union with good people can't do much when mgmt is hell bent on breaking them. Just look at Mesa. reduce rest, camping trips countless contract violations. Even a strong and dedicated group will still get worned down, Mesa's and PNCL's MECs are gone.

That being said, unions and ALPA will work great if mgmt is onboard with it, XJET is a great example of this. Mgmt there is smart to let ALPA take care of the smaller stuff with volunteers ie. pilots squabbles through Professional standards rather than bringing in mgmt.

The role that ALPA has played in the improvements to aviation safety alone are enough for my money to be considered well spent.

Give me a brake kid. From the looks of your profile you haven't spent crap. I bet your mom still packs your lunch. Enjoy that juice box.

Latest resources

Back