Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JFReservist

http://www.nextgov.com/nextgov/ng_20080910_1385.php

Can't we as a service retain and grow our folks without poorly conceived cartoon characters being our mentors? After watching the You Tube "virtual presentation" with a general as an avatar... well h3ll, isn't that enough said? This is getting pathetic...

At least the virtual powerpoint slides are accurate. Heaven knows we'd cease to function without the MSOffice warriors 120 slide presentations!!!

You've got to be yankin me. The Air Force is going to turn in to a pussified cadre of world of warcraft nerds and dungeons/dragons geeks.

Oh wait a minute...

You've got to be yankin me. The Air Force is going to turn in to a pussified cadre of world of warcraft nerds and dungeons/dragons geeks.

Oh wait a minute...

Back in the mid-90's, everyone at USAFA seemed to be on the LAN playing DOOM.

Hold up now...this would be sweet if I could use my avatar to telecommute to finish me up to 20! I could wake up, stay in my underwear, check my email, surf the internet for the next 7 years and get my retirement! I could even knock back a few beers before I fire up flightsim and knock out some virtual sorties to keep my flight pay. Who's with me?

I'm with Deuce130 on that. Knock out some TPs on flightsim and some tax free mandays in the virtual desert.

Can I do "Virtual AWC," Command a "Virtual Squadron," avoid a "Virtual DUI" and make O-6?

I'm with Deuce130 on that. Knock out some TPs on flightsim and some tax free mandays in the virtual desert.

Can I do "Virtual AWC," Command a "Virtual Squadron," avoid a "Virtual DUI" and make O-6?

That's flippin' funny!!

The airforce already has virtual pilots, they fly UAV's. Can they fly them from home? Why not?

They can fly caps in the desert on one window and do mandatory admin on the other, all while wearing a pink bathrobe or a superman tee. What muti-tasking is all about!

I still want my "virtual" MPA travel days and mileage to travel in my virtual car to my "virtual" drill weekends though.

Curtis LeMay would halt this program and sent the OPR bullet point-hungry moron who invented it to Thule to work as an exec in the services squadron.

Hey morons! How's about spending some of that real money on fixing real airplanes instead of virtual crap.

Issued an avatar at basic? What is the world coming to?

Perhaps someday Patton's speech to the corps of cadets at West Point will pale in comparison to some General's avatar speaking to a bunch of virtual warriors about the importance of wearing one's reflective belt at all times.

Maybe..............................not.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back