Perhaps for a change....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

magrs

Instead of constantly bitching about what we could have, should have done, let's focus on what we can do!

AMR's contract is coming due as are many of the other major carriers. They need to once again lead the pack and settle for nothing less than pre-911 wages plus inflation. Anything short of this is a complete failure, and is a direct reflection on the current unions representation. After all, doesn't this constitute what exactly a union does? Trust me, I have, and for good reason, been anti-union for the last decade.

Restore the profession now, or we shall all suffer the dire consequences of short-sighted individuals!

I am not currently flying as a result of my last unions ineptdness, but currently thank my lucky stars. I have the unique perspective of viewing this debacle from the sidelines, while unfortunately, friends, relatives and coworkers are now faced with doing the same job, for 50% of what they once made. I want to return to flying, but fortunately don't need to. It will all come down to what/where my union, as well as the other unions, finally put their proverbial foot down, and stop allowing recession/oil/competitiveness dictate where these new contracts will go!

They can and will afford the APPROPRIATE contract, don't settle for less!!!!

Stop bitching and start acting!

Good post. I think the AMR contract is going to be one of the most interesting battles between management and pilots in a long time. There is nothing but hatred between the two and with all of the cuts the pilots of taken verses the bonuses that management have received. I hope as well they have the strength to become the industry leaders once again.

Latest resources

Back