Perdiem What are you guys getting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G3G4

What are you guys out there getting for perdiem. Domestically and Internationally. In our company domestic is everything north america, central and south america along with the caribean. Everything across the pond and beyond is considered International. We get 70 domestic and 110 International. I was just curious if we are below the curve.

Sounds fairly reasonable.

I use to get 65/day Domestic and 85 int'l...

It was $65 dom/$75 in the big cities but it became $75 with leeway in NYC/LA/SFO to go higher.

Int'l was "use your best judgement". That usually was in the $100-$120 range. TC

Are these numbers actual per diem amounts received regardless of actual money spent or are these your company limits for daily expenses? We are also looking at modifying (read that adjusting for the "economic conditions") our guidelines. Right now they are guidelines only but the future may change.

Per diem

One of the largest mgt companies pays $2.29/hr of duty when domestic which is defined as USA only. Everywhere else was off the credit card, but 'just don't be stupid about it'.

I know of a smaller mgt company on the east coast that pays or at least paid (been a while) $75 per day domestic and $150 international with the same definition as above. This was paid in cash at the start of the trip.

$60 per day domestic ($2.5 per hour) or $96 per day ($4.0 per hour) international (this includes the Caribbean). We get this regardless of how much we spend personally.

Are these numbers actual per diem amounts received regardless of actual money spent...

HA! If that were the case, I'd have been schlepping cans of Star Kist and Town House crackers around the world!

Milwaukee's Best Light wouldn't have tasted half bad, either. ;) :D TC

We were at $65 per day ($2.71/hr) domestic and $100 (4.17/hr) international. Under this system per diem began and ended with duty time.

We switched over to the high/low method of per diem found on the GSA website for our domestic stuff. The low rate is $45/day and the high is $58. There is a list on the website that shows the high per diem cities and the dates that it is applicable. For international we go off of the State Department's list of per diem by country. Anything outside the 50 states is international.

The difference under the new system is that these are flat rate numbers. It is not based on duty time. If you RON somewhere and are home by 9am then next morning, you still get the full $45/$58.

I liked a fixed daily rate over hourly simply because we had a lot of SDL-LAS-SDL... 65 bucks will by beer that night for the 2 hours of flying I did that day!

Latest resources

Back