• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Pensecola T-6 jobs for Air Force bubbas

Boxboy

Total Time
1+
Are T-6 jobs at Pensecola hard to come by for AF types? Is there a high demand for this position? How does the Navy T-6 IP job compare to AF T-6 IP job? I was a tweet IP way back when and I have heard of guys coming back from T-34 tours saying that they've enjoyed it. I just can't see myself going back to one of these small town SUPT bases. Thanks in advance.

erj-145mech

Total Time
The USAF is beginning CSO training at NAS P'cola, using T-1A and T-6A aircraft on 1 OCT 09. There will be 21 T-1 and 23 T-6 aircraft in the program. Randolph is the controlling agency on this.

Boxboy

Total Time
1+
So, you get to fly around backseater trainees. That sounds like a cool job! How do get in on that deal?

McGillicutty

Total Time
3000+
I think your chances go up exponentially if you misspell the city in which you want to be stationed.

zippy

Total Time
~2200
Update: After years of waiting, TRAWING 5 (Whiting Field) has recently received it's first T-6's for Primary flight training. VT-3 (the squadron that trains AF student pilots) is supposed to start transitioning from T-34s to T-6s this spring, with the other squadrons in the wing following over the next several years so T-6 IP opportunities will be increasing.

SIG600

Total Time
I'll be curious to see if the number of pointy nose guys willing to head that way goes up.

zippy

Total Time
~2200
If pointy nose land is the same as VP, the VTs still won't be all that great for a career regardless which plane they are flying...

The best part of the Helo Master plan is that with the expansion of the HTs, a lot of spots opened up in the primary VTs... This is the first time in several years that guys in P-3 land will have a reasonable chance at getting flying orders for their shore tour.