Peachtree City, GA (schools)?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ATLboeing

Any AirTran, Delta, or ASA guys who could give me the name of some elementary schools they recommend? I'll be moving there soon from out of state. The realtors just say they're good schools, but I'd rather have some feedback from those who have their kids in them.
I'll be renting for about six months or longer until I get a feel for the area. Some knowledge about particular schools will help.
Thanks.

I don't have kids, but I know PTC well. Braelinn Elementary and Kedron Elementary are probably your best bets. They are in the southernmost and northernmost parts of the city, respectively. Living in the Braelinn district would also put you in the district for Rising Star Middle School and Stars Mill High School, which are both excellent.

PCL,
Thanks for the info. I'm headed up next week to take a look around. I'll pull up Mapquest and go from there.
Thanks again.

Georgia has the worst schools in the nation. That being said, PTC, and N. Cobb have the better schools in the area. We looked into moving to ATL about 2 years ago but realized that even the "good" schools aren't up to what we were used to. ie.. PTC's SAT average scores is over 100 points lower than the school district we currently live in.

We moved to PTC a year ago and we love Braelinn Elementary. I think it's about as good as you can get anywhere really. I have been involved with the school a bit and am really happy with the teachers and other staff. When all is said and done, it comes down to parental involvement anyway. Like the previous reply, I hear Kedron is also great.

I think you will be happy in PTC. We have loved it thus far.

I realize my last post was pretty harsh. My kids don't go to school in ATL so I really can't say difinitively with first hand experience. Most my information comes from researching the stats at the schools and anectdotal (sp) information from those I work with that do send their kids to these schools. But like easydoesit says, its all about the parents.

PTC is very expensive and very old for what you get. If you'll look at north Sharpsbug (30277 zip code), you will find that specifically the Cannongate schools in Coweta County are sought after and excellent. You will also get way more bang for your buck, and a newer property (less maintenenace required) in terms of a housing purchase here.
Good luck.

The property taxes in Coweta are also about half what you will pay in Fayette County (where PTC is located). PTC and Sharpsburg are adjacent - only a mere 10 minutes apart.

Fayetteville, just outside PTC has some very good schools. My kids go to Cleveland Elementary. The school is 5 yrs old and the middle school next door opened this yr.

The staff at Cleveland are excellent and a lot of the parents are involved in the classes with the teachers. Atleast in K5 and 1st grade.

I would highly recomend the area to anyone moving to this area.

Not to knock schools outside of PTC but- I know of many people who wish they were here and who are currently sending their kids to Coweta schools. I know of one teacher in particular who is teaching in Coweta county and moved to PTC to send her kids to school here. She is trying aggressively to land a job in PTC but it is very competitive for teachers.

Like I said, not trying to knock anyone else's turf, but just passing on what I have heard...Like I said before, parental involvement is the key. You could send your kids to an inner city school as long as you are involved...Well, almost...

Latest resources

Back