PDT/PSA flow through to Cactus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lampshade

In anticipation of US Airways hiring in the near future, MEC pilot representatives from America West, Piedmont, PSA and US Airways, along with ALPA’s President John Prater, Vice-President of Administration Bill Couette and other national representatives, met yesterday to discuss concepts of career protection, specifically a flow-through agreement, and ways to promote progression to the mainline from the US Airways wholly-owned carriers.

Everyone committed their own MEC and ALPA National resources to work on the project as we all agreed that it would be valuable to continue these discussions internally and approach management with basic parameters of a system to accomplish these objectives.

Lamp,
"to continue these discussions ", "committed their own MEC ", "that it would be valuable ".............
That is the same crap we were told (PDT) for how long now? It's not going to happen and we should face it like that. Mainline will find a reason to bend us over again or have some other more important project going on. Bla, bla, bla.

Maybe you should consider the failure of a flowthrough to be a blessing in disguise. Think of all of the Piedmont, PSA, Allegheny, Chautauqua, Mesa, Trans-States, etc... pilots who went to USAirways in 99 and 2000 who wish they had stayed put.

Are their any PSA Pilots left to flow up. Last I heard they had all left that could. Just a question?

Lamp,
"to continue these discussions ", "committed their own MEC ", "that it would be valuable ".............
That is the same crap we were told (PDT) for how long now? It's not going to happen and we should face it like that. Mainline will find a reason to bend us over again or have some other more important project going on. Bla, bla, bla.

Then again... We have never been this far along in the process before. Just getting mainline to agree that the flow exists makes this different than the past.

Just why would mainline want to hire from a wholly owned when we are sooo short staffed that they can't even find new hires for PSA or Piedmont?

We are so poorly managed that i fear for my job. Management will put us out of business, or Doug P. will get so sick of our poor completion factor that he will sell us to Mesa or worse Pinnacle.

PSA management is trying to hire new employees but what are they doing to keep the current ones?

why would you want to flow from one of the worst regionals to THE worst "major"?

give me a break.

The flow should fix our attrition problem. Also, I would rather work for the "worst" major than any regional.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back