• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDT pilots vote yes on LTP rates.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The FO rates are crap, so when our contract comes up in 09 how will we be able to up the FO rates on the 100 and 300 when the bar is set? We have left ourselves no room, not smart.

Any idea how that YES vote broke down between CAs and FOs?

I can't imagine many would have voted yes for those piss-poor (beyond first year) 70+ seat FO rates...

Good question. I haven't seen any info on the breakdown between CA and FO.

From everything I've heard, the company just absoultely refused to raise the FO pay. They even turned down a proposal that would have taken a couple dollars/ hour from the CA pay to be put into the FO rate.

The FO rates are crap, so when our contract comes up in 09 how will we be able to up the FO rates on the 100 and 300 when the bar is set? We have left ourselves no room, not smart.

"Because nobody comes here to be a career FO, they expect everyone to be a captain. if you are a career FO, that sucks for you."

That's the attitude from a person who said they'd vote yes. I can understand the idea of the airline training us to be captains eventually, but if it takes so damn long, maybe we could at least be compensated as FO's accordingly?

I hope those rates will not apply to any jet aircraft the company may get in the future. There will be a separately negotiated rate for jets right?

yeaaaah, no jets coming and these rates wouldn't apply. Let's see if they even get the damn aircraft on property before this letter expires...

Upgrades have hit the Top end of the '04 hires!

That's FUBAR. I'm making the listed sixth-year pay in my third year as a Barbie jet FO. Good luck guys.

A little perspective from my viewpoint...

IF LTPs actually make there way on to the property here at PDT, we may have just done something very smart for ourselves.

Flash forward to our next round of contract negotiations when it becomes amendable in '09. Without new equipment and a future for our airline, we may have found ourselves hard pressed to hang on to what good things we do have, namely a defined benefit pension for pre 2001 hires, cheap health insurance and reasonable work rules.

Now if US makes a big capital investment in PDT, all of a sudden we are in a position of power. If we were to walk off the job there would be millions of dollars of new metal sitting around costing the company money. So if the airplanes arrive in the next 18 months I think we ought to dramatically up our expectations of the contract.

How about defined benefit for EVERYONE.

Or duty/trip rigs.

Get our taxi pay back.

Stricter JM limits.

Retain- No!- Increase our health care benefits. Add life insurance and disability paid for by the company!

Increase the 401K contribution by the company.

My point is this... There is a lot more to a job than the hourly rate. If the new airplanes get here than we can really put the screws to the company and demand a contract we can be proud of.

LowlyPropCapt, if we can't even get this TA voted down then how do you expect to get anyone to walk out. Will the 20% of us that voted it down be the only ones to walk out? Oh that's right that might be something that would benefit you 80%ers and not just the F/Os, so maybe they might walk out with us. With this passed I think we showed the company that thay are in charge.

It would take leadership from our MEC, and that is the big question mark. I think the poor participation here is less about the company showing who is boss than it is about poor comunication from the MEC.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back