Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Grey Ghost

God Bless America!
With all of PJ's "stick time" she has with HG, they might as well just throw her in the right seat!!!

I always get a snicker when the industry blames their problems on a so called "pilot shortage". There is no pilot shortage, just a shortage of pilots who want to work for what the regionals are paying, under the conditions they are offering. If the regionals offered, say $50,000/yr to start they would not have a problem filling the front seats. Rather than pay a decent wage, they end up hiring pilots with little more than a Private license, creating a safety hazard. I hear enough storys from the Captains who have to fly with these guys.

What he said!

I always get a snicker when the industry blames their problems on a so called "pilot shortage". There is no pilot shortage, just a shortage of pilots who want to work for what the regionals are paying, under the conditions they are offering. If the regionals offered, say $50,000/yr to start they would not have a problem filling the front seats. Rather than pay a decent wage, they end up hiring pilots with little more than a Private license, creating a safety hazard. I hear enough storys from the Captains who have to fly with these guys.

Spot on! You'll never make it in airline management with clear, concise thinking like that.

Wake me up when the regionals can beat 135 King Air Captain's pay, (and benefits).

Spot on! You'll never make it in airline management with clear, concise thinking like that.

Wake me up when the regionals can beat 135 King Air Captain's pay, (and benefits).

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!:beer:

we have a pilot shortage? point noted. we're looking into that, we'll have an update next week. Steve

we'll have a bunch of reserves in september. At least in LGA... Course one guy is going to shuttle and maybe one more..

Just looking to see when we should wake you up.
What is a good 135 King Air pay and how about the benefits? What must wwe beat?

Latest resources

Back