• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

d328pilot

flying in asia
PDT and AGC to furlough???

I have herd the AGC hotline and saw the letter sent by PDT management. Is it true that you will both be furloughing?? We have an MEC that doesnt speak to us and noone knows what is going on. I am trying to find something out.

Last edited:
d328pilot,

Yes, ALG has announced furloughs, preceded by the option
of voluntary LOA for any interested parties. I'm not sure of how many or exactly when they are effective.
We recieved a memo from our president this past week, discussing the impending developments of J4J (which our MEC has unanimously rejected) and that we would be returning DASH-8s when their leases expire. We also have a faxed copy of a message from John Leonard at PDT, noting that they will return 4 a/c around July 1, with nine more on Jan 1, along with cancellation of three -300s they were scheduled to get.
Should be interesting the next few weeks.

Fifteen pilots just received their termination notice. They will be gone this Monday. The next group is slated to be terminated in July.

Furloughed from USAiways last December and now scheduled to be furloughed from Allegheny this July. Something tells me that I need to stay away from USAirways Group. Good luck everyone.

pappy:(

Don't worry about it. Your union has already created a new alter ego (POT) that will provide jet jobs for any USAirways pilot who may be furloughed so they can just go over there.

If it goes deep enough to furlough some low time ALG scooter trash, so what? The union has to protect the profession and everyone already knows that ALG and PDT pilots aren't really a part of the profession anyway.

There are 1000+ real pilots from USAirways on furlough and the ALG/PDT people are only doing their flying. They should be more than willing to give all those jobs to the USAirways pilots since the flying belongs to them anyway.

It's OK for those guys to be doing the commuter stuff as long as the AAA pilots don't need it, but when they do it has to be given back to them. That's just part of paying your dues.

Last edited:
>The union has to protect the profession and everyone already knows that ALG and PDT pilots aren't really a part of the profession anyway.<

Now that's funny. When they take over those regional jobs, maybe they can give up their houses and let Jimmy Carter put some poor people in 'em, start driving '86 Cavaliers, and start thinking of soup as a main dish, too.

Hey Stiffler, have you ever been accused of being an idiot?

I have a $1000 saying yes.

Lets see, if you fly a little overtime this month I bet you can come up with, who else is in.

Why bother? Idiots like Stiffler and Surplus would just cry somemore about why it wasen't more.

Don't waste your time with these jacka$$'s. They are all used up.

Stiffler:

Please except my sincere apoligy. I was to PO'ed about Surplas to read yours more carefully.

Sorry man.

Surplas, your still an idiot.

OK OK

You got me on that one.

I guess its sensitive to alot of folks, not just me.

But, there are some mainliners that think that way.

They even make it evident in "thier" jumpseat, I guess for my expense and amusement. Oh well.

LR25

Latest resources

Back