• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PDC via AFIS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is my understanding that it goes thru GDC on the GIV. They get it from clearance delivery. But I'm not 100% sure either.

Last edited:
Honeywell

Ours goes through the Honeywell GDC as mentioned here . There are others vendors as well.

From the Honeywell website...(and from our AFIS Manual on the A/C)

"A PDC is based on a filed IFR flight plan, regardless of whether the flight plan was filed by the GDC, through an FSS, or via DUATS. Approximately 20 minutes prior to the filed time of departure of the flight plan, ATC will generate and then forward the PDC to the GDC for storage. With this in mind, request the PDC no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the filed time of departure. Because this short time is often insufficient to receive the clearance and depart as planned, the GDC recommends filing the flight plan with a time of departure 30 minutes earlier than the actual intended time of departure. For detailed instructions to request a PDC, please refer to the appropriate GDC Services Reference Guide for information specific to each datalink platform."

Your request for your PDC goes to the GDC.

Hope this helps :)

Treetop

There are some stipulations to getting your PDC Clearance.
You can not get a PDC from an airport twice in one day (don't ask me why), you will not get your PDC if anything has changed on the flight plan after the original clearance has been made. For example, if they changed the departure do to runway change or so forth and you will not receive a PDC and you will get the PDC not available message. This is the way that I understand it and it has been explained to me. Any change will knock out your PDC clearance.
Hope that helps.

Call the guys at GDC, they are a pretty good bunch. I am sure that they would be happy to explain the entire process..

There are some stipulations to getting your PDC Clearance.
You can not get a PDC from an airport twice in one day (don't ask me why), you will not get your PDC if anything has changed on the flight plan after the original clearance has been made. For example, if they changed the departure do to runway change or so forth and you will not receive a PDC and you will get the PDC not available message. This is the way that I understand it and it has been explained to me. Any change will knock out your PDC clearance.
Hope that helps.

Call the guys at GDC, they are a pretty good bunch. I am sure that they would be happy to explain the entire process..

The one time you really want PDC so you can read the bloody thing is when you get a re-route. So of course, that's when you have to do it the old fashioned way and get a full route clearance via voice so you can muck up unfamiliar waypoints and tie up the frequency for 5 minutes. Not sure how that makes sense... Otherwise, digital ATIS and PDC via the AFIS are the best improvements in corporate aviation in the past 5 years.

Latest resources

Back