Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rk772

Here we go STEELERS!!
Are there any programs for PDA's that will work performance problems such as T/O and Ldg distances for a King Air 200.

Makesheepnervus said:
I used to use an Ultranav program for the Astra, I expect they make one for the King Air. They aren't cheap though

Options for something PDA compatible are limited, if not non-existant. I researched this a few months ago. Overall, Ultra-Nav is the best package although expensive. They tried PDA based software but it wasn't very well accepted so they stopped. You'll need something that runs a full version of windows...

h25b said:
Options for something PDA compatible are limited, if not non-existant. I researched this a few months ago. Overall, Ultra-Nav is the best package although expensive. They tried PDA based software but it wasn't very well accepted so they stopped. You'll need something that runs a full version of windows...

A windows program would work fine. I usually have my laptop with me anyway. Do you have a link for a good program.

Take a look at www.ultranav.com ...

They are one of the most well known, unfortunately it lists the King Air 200 as "under development". I would call them and ask when they expect the 200 program to be available...

We use UltraNav for the Westwind. It really is a great program. We do 135 and our POI allows us to use UltraNav for ALL of our performance calculations including C.of.G.

We too wanted to use the program on a PDA but UltraNav no longer offers that version of the software due to it's instability with Palm OS'. Apparently Palm style PDA's use a (term used loosely) hacked version of Windows, and the software had a tendency to lock-up and/or crash.

So now we just whip out the laptop and use our portable printer.

There is a program out there called EFB-Pro. I would check them out. They have performance for the KA200C.

Here's the link;
http://cavucompanies.com/CAVU/EFB-Pro%20feature%20page.htm

Good luck with the search.

Ultranav is great, although their Palm software was extremely lame.

I think you mean that Ultranav's Palm version was a hacked version of the Windows version. PalmOS is *not* a hacked version of Windows.

westwind driver said:
We use UltraNav for the Westwind. It really is a great program. We do 135 and our POI allows us to use UltraNav for ALL of our performance calculations including C.of.G.

We too wanted to use the program on a PDA but UltraNav no longer offers that version of the software due to it's instability with Palm OS'. Apparently Palm style PDA's use a (term used loosely) hacked version of Windows, and the software had a tendency to lock-up and/or crash.

So now we just whip out the laptop and use our portable printer.

There is a program out there called EFB-Pro. I would check them out. They have performance for the KA200C.

Here's the link;
http://cavucompanies.com/CAVU/EFB-Pro%20feature%20page.htm

Good luck with the search.

Latest resources

Back