• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PCL / MSA Elections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, if a pilot misses out on this one-day meeting of 2 hours, that pilot has no say?

Uh, yeah. That's the rules.

Why do you think the MEM LEC (and formerly the only MEC) *always* held their meetings on Friday nights? Only senior pilots are off on Friday nights! You, me, and everyone else were working while the top few did what they wanted.

Ever notice how, if you here here that long ago, WG and his MEM cronies always publicly announce the meeting *after* bidding closes for the month? How many candidates could never even run for office because they couldn't make a meeting? The good old boys always knew about the meeting's date in advance somehow and were there for votes... :rolleyes:

It's Southern politics baby.

Uh, yeah. That's the rules.

Why do you think the MEM LEC (and formerly the only MEC) *always* held their meetings on Friday nights? Only senior pilots are off on Friday nights! You, me, and everyone else were working while the top few did what they wanted.

Ever notice how, if you here here that long ago, WG and his MEM cronies always publicly announce the meeting *after* bidding closes for the month? How many candidates could never even run for office because they couldn't make a meeting? The good old boys always knew about the meeting's date in advance somehow and were there for votes... :rolleyes:

It's Southern politics baby.

You been around Mem since fall of 09? The reason for meetings after bids is the fact that you try and find a date and time that the reps are off. You didn't get buy for lec meetings.

Ok, this is garbage. My opinion, my vote cannot be counted because I am working/out of town that day. How the hell is this a pilots' union, when the very pilots it is trying to represent are out flying? WHY DON'T WE GET TO VOTE VIA EMAIL, ONLINE ON ALPA, ETC?

This isn't a democracy. The ONLY voices that will be heard are the ones who are lucky enough to be off on that day and can show up. How the hell is that representative of the pilot group? For all I know, just 15 dumb trucks could show up and vote in the biggest idiots at the airline, and I (along with 1000 others) have no say in it. Jezus. Give me a break. This is complete BS.

Ok, this is garbage. My opinion, my vote cannot be counted because I am working/out of town that day. How the hell is this a pilots' union, when the very pilots it is trying to represent are out flying? WHY DON'T WE GET TO VOTE VIA EMAIL, ONLINE ON ALPA, ETC?

This isn't a democracy. The ONLY voices that will be heard are the ones who are lucky enough to be off on that day and can show up. How the hell is that representative of the pilot group? For all I know, just 15 dumb trucks could show up and vote in the biggest idiots at the airline, and I (along with 1000 others) have no say in it. Jezus. Give me a break. This is complete BS.

Why are your presidential candidates picked by the left and right fringe in ideological purity tests in nowhere states like Iowa and New Hampshire?

Same reason. The system is rigged to keep insiders in and outsiders out. Not ALPA, life in general.

Calm down. Only the interim reps are voted for in person and into an actual position. You get to vote online for full term reps and can send in your nomination ballots (full term) to be counted at the meeting.

Please please vote for the Former XJ Reps, they are pitbulls when it comes to advocating for the pilots!!!!!!!

I'm a Pinnacle pilot. Can someone from Mesaba please PM me the names of your former reps. Thanks!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back