PCL / MSA Elections?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

Couldn't help but note an email referring to nomination of interim Captain, FO, Sec Treas reps and nomination of CA, FO, SecTreas from Oct '11-Feb '14. And, as usual, no further information was provided other than the "email your reps or union for further information." Then I got a blue-colored post card with similar information.

Anyone care to confirm is this the coveted election of new leadership, Pinnacle leadership versus Mesaba leadership? If so, who are the Pinnacle members running? Who are the Mesaba members running?

Finally, this is listed as 1-3pm on July 20. What if you are out of town/working during this time period? Can we vote online?

Last edited:
I got the same stuff. I believe it is just the nomination of those who will then run as reps before an airline-wide election, not actual appointments. Unfortunately I'm on vacation otherwise I'd go.

It's nominations for LEC's. All groups have the same info as the meetings are being set up by the Couette at national (in accordance with bylaws). At the meeting there is nominations for full term which go to a ballot vote online/mail after and election of interim reps done by "those in the room". After the LEC's are done (only bases with carryover- Mem/Msp/Dtw) then the new LEC reps (comprised as the MEC) elects the Mec officers.

So what are the LECs now?
MSP/DTW-JFK/MEM/ATL/Colgan?

or is there a different structure?

DTW/MEM/MSP will remain the pinnacle numbering.. 128/129/130. ATL will still be PCL127. I am not sure the colgan numbering. JFK is currently under DTW since it was created as a small base at a time where DTW trips had significant JFK overlap for representation. I would expect after the combined MEC the NY area (JFK/LGA/EWR) will become a single council. IAH is Colgan.

It's nominations for LEC's. All groups have the same info as the meetings are being set up by the Couette at national (in accordance with bylaws). At the meeting there is nominations for full term which go to a ballot vote online/mail after and election of interim reps done by "those in the room". After the LEC's are done (only bases with carryover- Mem/Msp/Dtw) then the new LEC reps (comprised as the MEC) elects the Mec officers.
Can you put this in layman terms? At the meeting, "there is nominations of full term." Who is nominating whom? Nomination of "interim reps done by those in the room." So, if a pilot misses out on this one-day meeting of 2 hours, that pilot has no say?

Still looking for an answer. Is is a Pinnacle-only election or a competition election amongst Pinnacle and Mesaba?

Can you put this in layman terms? At the meeting, "there is nominations of full term." Who is nominating whom? Nomination of "interim reps done by those in the room." So, if a pilot misses out on this one-day meeting of 2 hours, that pilot has no say?

Still looking for an answer. Is is a Pinnacle-only election or a competition election amongst Pinnacle and Mesaba?

I really hope people don't see it this way!!!

Still looking for an answer. Is is a Pinnacle-only election or joint election with Pinnacle and Mesaba?

Fixed it.
1. Nomination for full term- pilots in the room nominate (with a second) pilots, then vote if multiple names. Top 2 go on all DTW pilot ballot for vote. Winner will be full term rep.
2. Nomination for interim- same pilots in the room nominate and vote (in room) for a winner. This will be interim rep.
3. After interim reps are nominated and voted on for each position another vote between the two will be done for interim chair and vice chair of the council.

This is between all Mesaba/pinnacle pilots of each base. Each council will have 1 set of reps for the base. Don't look at this as a competition. Is it political- yes, but it's also business. Just like any other election expect some campaigning and stone throwing. Hopefully it stays professional and whoever the reps are, they have the interest in helping all the pilots of the base as one collective voice. DTW and Msp will be super councils when it comes to any future roll call votes.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back