PC-12 vs BE-200

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skeeter666

Ok, I need some help here. The boss is considering buying a PC-12 and selling the King air. We fly into mountain strips in B.C. and also take it to strips in the San Juan Islands. Money is no object here, but no one in the process has said "No, or why?", except me. I may lose my job, but I have already used up my nine lives in single engines. Any ideas or opinions on what I should do or say? -Thanks

Explain to him that with 1 engine it only takes 1 part to fail 1 time for everyone on board to die. Then, explain that there are well over 1,000 parts on any aircraft and that even if you get 99.9% of the parts to work, you still have at least 1 part not working.

Explain to him that with 1 engine it only takes 1 part to fail 1 time for everyone on board to die. Then, explain that there are well over 1,000 parts on any aircraft and that even if you get 99.9% of the parts to work, you still have at least 1 part not working.

:confused:

I should have an answer to that by the end of the week when I get my marching papers! As soon as I hear a reply from the boss I will post.

get a Pilatus. All this single engine talk is entertaining. Everyone forgets that you have one heart, if that stops, you could have 8 engines.

you can't eliminate risk 100% completely in aviation. Be careful, assess, be careful, dont drink and fly, and go get your taxi clearance.

Why would you loose your job if he gets a Pilatus? The PC-12 does have a nicer cockpit unless your drivin' a new B200 with the Pro-Line 21...

Money is no object here, but no one in the process has said "No, or why

Face it, money is ALWAYS an object. If money was no object you would be flying a G550 on the long hauls and a B350 on the short/rough runway trips. Operating cost is a BIG deal. Check your ego at the door and fly the single if the boss wants one.

Face it, money is ALWAYS an object. If money was no object you would be flying a G550 on the long hauls and a B350 on the short/rough runway trips. Operating cost is a BIG deal. Check your ego at the door and fly the single if the boss wants one.
Well, I dont want to get into money, but my ego has nothing to do with anything here. Our weekly mission profile is flying into serious mountain strips up remote fjords. No instruments or radar. I would just like to know if anyone has any experience with both of these aircraft, and what they think. Thanks-

Latest resources

Back