PC-12 Feather Inhibit System

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VA AV8R

Any PC-12 drivers have one on their bird(s)? If so, what is the theory as to why one should use (or not use) this system on shutdown? Thanks... :rolleyes:

We don't have this system on any of our airplanes, so I do not have any direct experience with them.

What I do know about it is that the Canadian operators developed it for use on gravel strips. Some of these strips acutally have a concrete pad to pull the prop over for shutdown (even with this system) to prevent propeller damage or kicking rocks into the inlet. Seems like a good idea; just don't let any passengers off till that prop stops; I'm sure it takes forever without those huge blades going into feather!

Anyone elsehave any direct experience with this?

P.S. If you shut down the airplane with that batteries off, it will do the same thing.

I fly 3 different PC-12's (all Series 10) and none of them have the feather inhibiting system. Of course, we dont operate off of less than 3000' of paved runway.

Chris

I have flown caravans quite a bit off of very soft gravel fields with no problems. . .this sounds like a gimmick item!

Remember that the Caravan has much better ground clearance with the prop than the Pil-at-apus.........

Not many planes have this system installed, like I said I have never seen one.

Latest resources

Back