Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

casper1nine

liberal radical party ldr
anybody ever heard of the practice of paying for your own 8410 check-out at a 135 operator?

looks like if i pay for the pic check, i can then fly for money as an f.o. in a be200 (no time in type to be the pic). maybe later move up to pic.

not gonna buy a type rating, don't think that i should pay for an 8410.

thoughts?

-casper1nine

no type rating for BE-200. Still shouldn't have to pay for your check ride though.

yeah, real classy. Post the name of this outfit for the benefit of others. I believe someone is compiling a database of these deadbeats.

With 3000 hours you are seriously thinking about paying for a 135 right seat 8410? With time in a King Air 90 why wouldnt you try to find a quality operator to fly pic for? Just one guys thoughts.

This should be under the " Youve got to be spoofing me " section.

My company just hired a 350 Captain with similar experience. There was a reasonable contract but it's a good gig.

Good Luck...there are good jobs out there just keep looking.

Don't PFT, expecially for the right seat of a B200. It doesn't cost that much to get you checked out anyway, they should pay for it and the compnay will benefit more than you do till you get some time in it.

casper1nine

Is this in regard to a contract pilot agreement, or is this regular employment? Most operators that use contract pilots expect them to show up with current 8410s.

Contract or not, doesn't matter. As a former contract captain in a turbo-prop fleet I was never asked nor expected to pay for the ride(s). This certainly is not the norm on that side of the industry and I have rarely heard of pilots being asked to come up with the money. If this practice was "standard" then you may not have a choice but this group of "class acts" is in the minority, don't walk but run. Too many other quality 135 operators out there that exist so don't waste the time, effort, or the money.

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back