• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I second that! Also the one that dies with the most debt REALLY wins!

I always thought it was the one who died with the most ex-wives... :erm:

Hours of flight time have nothing to do with experience. I just crossed the 4000 hr mark but I have been doing this for 10 years. I don't fly very much but sit alot on the road. Sorry had to chime in.

I am sorry but I must disagree. Mind you my dissenting opinion is no reflection upon any individuals expertise or skill level in any way.

4,10 or 20 thousand hours of flight time is your experience level. Unfortunately one can't count time spent in hotels, or talking and thinking about airplanes as experience. I wish it did, as I would then have type ratings in all kinds of cool aircraft. Not to mention the countless hours I have spend researching and studying war birds, I would be flying for the CAF based on my experience with those wonderful aircraft.

Again this is no reflection upon anyones skill, your 4K is probably much more valuable than another with 10K all spent circling over a traffic pile up, or another with 7K but most of it watching movies in business class as an IRO.
The quality of time is incredibly important, and if I were in a position to hire someone it would be based on that, not total time. It however does not change your level of experience as it relates to TT.
Someone with 2 times your flight time, doing the same job, has more experience. Again not saying its better, just more.

The fact is in corporate aviation, pilots don't get paid according to total flight time or for the most part, seniority. Most are paid to perform a job...and that's it. So, having 4,000 or 400,000 makes no difference. Telling your boss that you deserve more money because your logbook ticker just rolled passed 10,000 hours is not gonna work. It might however, help you find a new job. The point is, in this situation his 4,000 hours have little to do with the amount of money he should be paid.

The fact is in corporate aviation, pilots don't get paid according to total flight time or for the most part, seniority. Most are paid to perform a job...and that's it. So, having 4,000 or 400,000 makes no difference. Telling your boss that you deserve more money because your logbook ticker just rolled passed 10,000 hours is not gonna work. It might however, help you find a new job. The point is, in this situation his 4,000 hours have little to do with the amount of money he should be paid.

I agree, if your doing the job you should be paid for it.

I guess I was mixing posts of several with my response.

Latest resources

Back