Pay Rate Question?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

astec

So, I'm going to be flying in the corporate world very soon. We are getting a Baron, however it will not be delivered for 30-90 days from now. So until then, I will be flying a High Perf. airplane around the southeast. It will more than likely be a cessna 182 or cirrus, something of that nature for the time being. What is a reasonable pay rate for something like this? I will be flying 5 - 10 hours a week, like I said, around the southeast, south florida, georgia, tennessee, and alabama.

Also, what would be appropriate for the baron? Should I expect salaried? etc...

Thanks

I'd think upper 30s/mid 40s with normal benefits would be a reasonable expectation.

For a day rate, I'd think $300-400 would be reasonable for a light twin in the southeast...although many would probably do it for less. We pay $300/day when we need a Cirrus pilot.

yea, that salaried sounds fair I would say. would 300 a day make sense in a 182 though? even it the total flight time for that day was say, 1.5-2.5?

yea, that salaried sounds fair I would say. would 300 a day make sense in a 182 though? even it the total flight time for that day was say, 1.5-2.5?

For a C182, I'd think $250 would be more of the going rate, but hell yeah shoot for $300/day and let them tell you no! After all, they're buying your time, not just your time driving Point A to Point B...and lawyers bill their clients for lots of time spent working outside of the courtroom.

If you fly 8 hours in a day or fly 30 minutes-sit 7 hours,-fly 30 minutes home, you still worked 8 hours. Shouldn't you be entitled to the same compensation for your time?

astec--Enjoy the Baron. I got my multi in one and flew it around a bit ($75/hr. WET--even in 1984, that was a hell of a rate!).

I still look back fondly on that time.

Have fun!

TC

I'd think upper 30s/mid 40s with normal benefits would be a reasonable expectation.

For a day rate, I'd think $300-400 would be reasonable for a light twin in the southeast...although many would probably do it for less. We pay $300/day when we need a Cirrus pilot.

This sounds like a good and fair estimate to me. My company paid slightly less than that more than 10 years ago. Could have been better, but could have been worse too.

I fly BE-36TC's for some docs....I charge $45k per year...we fly about 4-500 hours a year

Latest resources

Back