Pay Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

psysicx

I know this might sound dumb but why don't they increase EMS pay for pilots? When I talked to the recruiter at Airmethods he said there was such a shortage of pilots and it was getting worse. If its so bad then why don't they change it. Am I missing something?

Good question, I am looking into ems but the pay is just not there yet. It seems that with supply and demand, the salary would go up with this shortage, I guess they are still finding people to work for the lower wages, or maybe there really is no shortage.
Did you talk to a recruiter in reference to a specific job, or just in general. I was thinking of calling them myself is why I ask.

No it was just in general. He is definitly worried because lots of helo pilots are going over to the fixed wing side since the money can be better.

Depend entirely on where and who you work for....IFR programs pay more in general. Hospital based programs pay more in general. Big operators pay less in general. I guess they have enough floats to carry the day. The EMS world is filled with nomads that come and go. True stability will not come until pay is up. Hell in most cases you will make less than staff nurses, which is always great for morale...

Latest resources

Back