Pay during training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fracster

Do any regionals pay a full guarantee and per diem during training or is it mostly a stipend until you pass a checkride?

Eagle does.

They may have their issues, but at least you don't have to run up a credit card while training. Free hotel (single occupancy), per diem (16 hours a day), and 65 hour guarantee from the day you start class. If you add that up, and compare your losses paying your own way compared to that, our first year pay is in the top of the regionals.

Mesaba does pay the full 75 hour guarantee from day 1 as well as hotel, but no per-diem until finishing OE.

Piedmont did when I went through in 2000 and they paid hotel and per diem.

ASA pays for single occupancy hotel room and guarantee. Per diem is only paid if you are hired for a domicile other than ATL, and then it is $1.50 for every hour that you are away from your new base. Being hired for DFW was great, $1.50 hr x 24 hrs x 2.5 months worth of per diem.

PSA pays 72 hours/month + per diem and offers you luxury accomodations at the Dayton International Airport Hotel.

I believe Thursday is the roast beef sandwhich happy hour: two for $2.00. Quite good, actually.

Upgrade should be fairly quick, and with Virgin buying US Airways Group in the spring, or early summer, job stability and satisfaction should improve drastically (ever seen a Virgin FA?) (Virgin Atlantic FA, I mean....)

See you on the line :)

labbats said:
Eagle does.

They may have their issues, but at least you don't have to run up a credit card while training. Free hotel (single occupancy), per diem (16 hours a day), and 65 hour guarantee from the day you start class. If you add that up, and compare your losses paying your own way compared to that, our first year pay is in the top of the regionals.

Actually, with the ammended contract now in place, Eagle provides double occupancy hotel rooms for all newhires (not single occupancy like it used to be). I guess that's still better than having to fork over the money to pay for a hotel room or crashpad for the better part of 2 months. Newhires still get per diem for 16 hrs a day and 64 hrs of pay per month while in training.

Upgrade should be fairly quick, and with Virgin buying US Airways Group in the spring, or early summer, job stability and satisfaction should improve drastically
Are you SERIOUS?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back