Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
R

RJDC

I am a 20 year old flight instructor in Fort Pierce, FL. I am about to start a program that will get me through to either Express Jet or Chautauqua. The program holder is RAA (Regional Airline Academy). Does anybody know anyone that commutes during their reserve period for either Chaut or Express Jet? I live in the PBI/FLL and willing to be (MCO) based areas. I REALLY want to get on w/ Chautauqua because they have two bases right next door to me (FLL/MCO). But if things are roses at Express Jet (EJ?) then I will most likely bite the bullet and pay my dues away from home. The problem is this: Like most are aware, being a single man is pratically the only way to survive the first year.... I am engaged and plan on getting married Feb 1st.... any and all input on whether to get married first, then try to get on w/ chaut or express jet, or should I get on w/ one of them first then try to get married? I have a feeling getting married after getting a job w/ one of them would nearly be impossible.

Any input on Chautauqua? I am very close to starting a program w/ RAA that will supposedly let me "skip" the 23 minimum age rule (I'm 20). I want to hear the good/bad/ugly about Chautauqua, the fair word on them. I have heard nothing but good things about Express Jet. So how about Chautauqua?

What does anyone think of RAA (Regional Airline Academy)? Any word on how legit RAA is as far as their claims that I will be able to bypass the 23 year age limit for Chautauqua? Or does anyone have their recruiting number so I can call PERSONALLY and ask if they will honor such a claim. I feel that I am at a cross-roads in my life... and I need to make the right decisions to make everything work out in the long run. I dont CARE about hourly pay.... I care about where I live and as long as I am going to get Capt. when I turn 23, then I have 2 1/2 years waiting to be one anyhow due to age on the ATP! Anyhow, please fill me in guys/gals. I really appreciate the help and support.
Best Regards,
Jason Leonard
A guy who wants to do it RIGHT.

nice flamebait. And quite the cut and paste job. For all you guys that have more of a life than I, this was also posted on APC, but by someone else. The issue seemed to be resolved there. no need to respond.

Can you explain your avatar. With 5500 total time and an ATP on the CRJ you should know better. Most flight instructors don't even know anything about the RJDC.

You are not what you claim to be!

Nice try

Reply to orginal post,

Pick an airline with good quality of life. DO NOT pick an airline based on upgrade times. Pick an airline that you could be at in 5-6 years and enjoy life. Upgrade times change on a moments notice. Do not get into huge debt and not care about pay in the future. (you have to pay back your loans, remember?) Do your research, interview at as many airlines as you can and pick one that you could see yourself at for 5-6 years. Do not pick an airline because they are the first one to send you an offer. Pay is very important as well as quality of life. Stop giving the younger guys (like me) a bad wrap because you "don't care about pay"

FlyingDawg said:
Can you explain your avatar. With 5500 total time and an ATP on the CRJ you should know better. Most flight instructors don't even know anything about the RJDC.

You are not what you claim to be!

Nice try

He is NOT what he claims to be. There are those who post on this site that DO know who he is and who he flies for.

Among the "names" he has posted as are: The Guat, Rhoid, IHaveAPension, Freight Nazi, Guppy Killer, TheGuppyKiller, TheMissingLink, OUT, 410Dude...

You get the idea.

Latest resources

Back