• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay Comparison Misnomer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys talk of the busy schedule at SWA. It to me sounds a lot like the schedule I have at the commuters (yeah I used the "C" word...there are too many guys that want to make it more than it is..by using "Regionals" commuters is what we are...anyway that is for another time)

Any hoo...we all do 6 leg days in and out of major hubs with 20 minute turns...I wish more of us "commuters" could get that respect of working hard and land an interview at SWA.....nothing against military guys but my friend who is a LT. Col on the C-130 flew less than 200 hours last year while I flew 900...I am sure he is good but I bet if we both went to SWA tommorrow I would be more apt to keep the pace of the airline.

Don't mean to stir anything up but working hard when I go to work is alright with me!

Big Slick said:

My favorite is when SWA pilots boast about being the most productive. Most productive = lowest quality of life. Bragging about the fact that you work harder than anyone else is bizarre at best. Scary at worst.

SWA is lowering the standards for the entire industry.

I will not refute your last statement. The question is, what are you going to do about it? Whine and complain or do something? Many folks are leaving the industry, applying to SWA (or other LCCs) or going cargo.

Which one is it for you?

Last edited:
skykid said:
One aircraft type, flying domestic only for the next 20 years - not for me.

Knowing Gary Kelly, I would bet that one or both of those statements will be false. I have 2 great kids and a wonderful wife, I don't need a bigger plane to make me feel important. I'd fly a Cessna if it belonged to Southwest.

More time off and more pay is what we used to strive for. Is this the bizarro parallel universe that I stumbled into?

Knowing Gary Kelly, I would bet that one or both of those statements will be false. I have 2 great kids and a wonderful wife, I don't need a bigger plane to make me feel important. I'd fly a Cessna if it belonged to Southwest.

Good for you, that's why I wrote "to each his own." Right now neither one of those statements is false. It has nothing to do with a bigger aircraft either.

Hey Big Slick...

18 posts, and you mention me in 3 of them. Like I said before "its hard out here being a pimp!". I've never been nasty before.

Here is my point - All of the SWA zealots on this forum haven't been around very long. They are so pumped full of the SWA koolaid that they honestly think everyone else in the world envies them. They are very full of themselves. I'm tired of hearing their bologna.

New Flash - Working at SWA ain't all that great. It's amazing that we have all lowered our standards so much in just five years.

Last edited:
That's a rough go Big Slick. You'd be closing in on the left seat at SWA by now. You probably knew that. I went the other way....four years at UAL and coming up on the end of my first at SWA. Southwest is, by far, the best job I've ever had.

Glad to here that things are good for you at SWA. After all the crap at UAL the last few years, I can see how job security would be nice. Best of luck.

Like I said earlier, I started this flame-bait post because a lot of the SWA kool-aid drinkers on this forum are getting pretty annoying.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back