• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pay? air attack

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd say $30K-$40K is realistic. $30K-$35K would be a typical season...$40-$45would be a really, really great season. I take "season" to mean April-October.

Does this sound right AvBug? By the way, are you from AZ?

I flew air attack for a couple seasons out west in Queen Airs. I'd average between $10k and $12k a month in earnings. I was paid a flat $400/day of duty and the company would cover hotel and sometimes a rental vehicle (depending on location). I was usually scheduled for 12 on/2 off.

Deadstick:
1,500 TT
25 in type with 10 PIC in the past 12 months. USFS "type" is used loosely. 25 hrs in a 310, for example, counts towards any Twin Cessna "type" (310,414,421,etc). Common planes used in this line of work include Twin Cessnas and Aero/Turbocommanders.

I think I made about 30K this season, 12 on 2 off while on a fire. I spent most of my time up at KSIY and flew about 180 hours or so.

To get into it, you'll need to have 25 hours of skymaster (or whatever aircraft you use), you'll need to be 135 ifr, and you'll need to do a checkride with the DofI. Our call when needed contract is under the BLM/USFS/DofI it may be different if under Cal Fire.

This is my first year doing it, basically it was lots of sitting around waiting, waiting for smoke to clear mostly. Flights ranged from 2 hours, to 5 hours with 3 hours being the norm.

Anybody know who is or will be hiring soon? I live in Oregon, but i am willing to travel.

I believe Neptune Aviation will be looking for a co-pilot or two this year. They have a website at NeptuneAviation.com All the info is on the website to get a hold of them. Minimums are "basically" Part 135 Minimums, plus you have to have 800 PIC, it has been a while since I needed to know this info, so it is best guess for all you know it alls out there:) Co-pilot on a P2 is a fun gig, make good money and get to travel a lot and see some very interesting country. If you have any questions feel free to ask me or there are a couple of other guys on here who have done the gig also. Happy New Year everybody

Hey Dahl, Jhara here, how you doing man, been meaning to get to Missoula forever to see everybody and do some fishing, hope everything is good.

Latest resources

Back