Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Little Bubba

Current title:
Is it possible to get the passport renewed in just a few days, if so, does anyone know how to go about it?

Is it possible to get the passport renewed in just a few days, if so, does anyone know how to go about it?
yes you can do it in the same day, you will need a letter from your company stating your necessity to travel within the next 14 days, you will need an appoointment, and you will spend the day waiting for it, you can also hire a service to do it for you. And remember, your photo cannot be in your pilot uniform. Found that out the hard way. Cheers.

Little Bubba,

Depending on where you live, you can have it done that same day. I'm not really sure why you would need a "company letter". I don't know what that has anything to do with. You can be unemployed and still get a passport. I live in the Dallas area, and flew to Houston for the "same day" service. It was pricy. Be prepared to pay about 170 for the "same day" service. You need to make an online appt. Get your photos done ahead of time at Walgreens or CVS. PM me if you have any questions.

jake, you need a "company letter" to prove you need a passport for travel within two weeks, or of course you can provide travel documents if you're not a pilot and are just in a bind timewise, but you can't just show up without a need for the expedited service.

jake, you need a "company letter" to prove you need a passport for travel within two weeks, or of course you can provide travel documents if you're not a pilot and are just in a bind timewise, but you can't just show up without a need for the expedited service.

Makes sense now that I think about it steelerman. It's been a few years for me. I actually had intentions of renewing my passport, and did the same day cause I thought it was the same price. Although I did find out it was more, I didn't have any travel plans and they processed me that day anyway. Guess I lucked out! :beer:

Just renewed mine about a month ago. Paid for the "expedite" service. In the mail on a Tuesday and got it back the following Monday! My family just applied for first time passports and they came back (without paying for expedite service) in just 2 and a half weeks. The processing is going fairly quickly right now.

Latest resources

Back