Passport Renewal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

toa2mdt

To renew my expiring passport I need to send in the original.

How do any of you do this if you have a sked leg out of the USA. Obvious answer is refuse it but what can the company expect you to do?

Is there any way around sending it in, like having a second passport?

i had this issue a few weeks ago with a first officer on our crew. we did a trip out and into mexico and he had a color photocopy of his passport and the inspectors were happy with this cause they could see the expiration date on the photocopy and knew he wasn't trying to throw them for a loop. just do that and have your original birth certificate and state dl as a backup in case they want more info.

You can also pay something like $65 extra for expedited service. I just did the regular renewal and I had my new passport within 10 days.

I expedited my renewal and had it back within a week. I was suprised on how fast it was. Do not take any chances going out of the country (even Mexico) without a passport. You will be asking for trouble.

Is there any way around sending it in, like having a second passport?

A second passport is the perfect solution. As a flight crew member you can petition to get one and it should be granted to you. It is valid for 2 years. Also, if you need to send a passport to an embassy in order to obtain a visa (India, China, etc) a second passport is invaluable. Third, if you're going to be entering a country that you otherwise don't want another country to know about (Israel to Saudi Arabia, for example) a second passport allows you to navigate those waters without having to answer too many questions.

If you want excellent service for expedited passports, visas, etc. contact G3 Visas (www.g3visas.com). They charge for their service, but Chris will take great care of you.

Personally, in todays world I will not travel outside the U.S. without a valid passport. Its not worth risking the hassle or worse.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back