• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Passenger lights firecrackers in NWA cabin, injuries reported

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe this is Al Qaeda's plan. Every time we have an incident like this we tighten the noose around our own necks a little more. A few more of these and it will be so unbearable to fly that most will avoid it like the plague. I cringe when my company wants me to airline international. Seems like it will only get more unpleasant in the near future.

I fear this is a distraction. We focus on nigerians from Amsterdam and the next day they use Germans from Hong Kong.

I fear this is a distraction. We focus on nigerians from Amsterdam and the next day they use Germans from Hong Kong.
Yeah we have got to watch those crazy Germans, especially after they bombed Pearl Harbor.
I miss Belushi
Can I get an Amen

Last edited:
Yep and this flight originated in Amsterdam. They are the ones that didnt do security screening correctly and now all the whole US has to pay for it. Totally amazing that after all this time from 911 the BS just keeps getting deeper.

I have been through AMS multiple times and I found their security search much better than anything I have experienced in the US. If you carry a small amount of whatever it is virtually impossible to detect it through "normal" means (before the DL incident). Heck, I remember FA that used to get their lighters through security (TSA) every time. I personally have more trust in AMS' security than our dear TSA.

I have been through AMS multiple times and I found their security search much better than anything I have experienced in the US. If you carry a small amount of whatever it is virtually impossible to detect it through "normal" means (before the DL incident). Heck, I remember FA that used to get their lighters through security (TSA) every time. I personally have more trust in AMS' security than our dear TSA.

Apparently this type of explosive is very hard to detect not picked up my metal detectors. Even a pat down might not of detected it. It looks like those body scanners we all hate may be the only way.

Read this article;
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/12/27/bergen.terror.plot/index.html

This could be good for commuters, I cannot stand the guys that talk over the PA for 10minutes talking about the wx 3 times in a row, few bumps on the descent, and we're passing between 2 cities only I the capt of this flight know about so I will tell you all I know about them.

Good god. I couldn't agree with you more. Trying to sleep on the aircraft is like being tortured if there is a captain that likes to talk coupled with a sadistic cabin crew that enjoys the PA system. Last time it was like being in a sleep deprivation experiment.

Good god. I couldn't agree with you more. Trying to sleep on the aircraft is like being tortured if there is a captain that likes to talk coupled with a sadistic cabin crew that enjoys the PA system. Last time it was like being in a sleep deprivation experiment.
Maybe this will shut up all the Delta guys who are trigger happy with the FSB sign, followed of course by the stews making redundant announcements that the FSB sign has been turned ON, followed by more announcements in various languages. WTF!!! We get it! That is why there is a CHIME AND ILLUMINATED SYMBOL!

It has already started. A new kneejerk directive from TSA announced this morning to the airlines.

Crewmembers are not to make any announcements to the passengers or to talk to them individually about the flight path, cities or landmarks flying over. On international flights only to the U.S., passengers are to remain in their seats during the last 1 hr of flight or the entirety if the flight is 1 hr or less.

TSA "security" directive revision #3 is out. At this rate, it will be back to normal ops by the end of the week.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back