• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Passenger lands plane in Fla. after pilot dies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This brings up a great point for all of those 9/11 conspiracy theorists. How come a passenger didn't try to land the plane that went down in an open field in PA? I'm sure there had to be at least one person on that plane that had some sort of flying experience to at least try landing it before crashing it in a field in the middle of no where. hmmm

Did you see UAL93 - I dont think with a towel head in the right seat, sliding in to the left seat and overtaking him was an option at the time...

And yes, I said towel head, and yes, I stand by that description, if you're offended, move to some other country.

Last edited:
Did you see UAL93 - I dont think with a towel head in the right seat, sliding in to the left seat and overtaking him was an option at the time...

Oh . . . I didn't realize that movie was an EXACT depiction of what EXACTLY happened . . . Especially since the survivors of that crash were able to recount what happened. I'm just saying, for those skeptics . . .

Landing a King Air is like landing a Cessna 172.
Ahhhhhhhhh...........MMMMMMMMMMM.. No it isn't.:erm:
As a former B200 & E90 Driver I can attest to that! The King Air is a very forgiving airplane, but it is nothing like a Cessna. A Cessna flies like a Cessna, A Piper flies like a Piper, and A Beechcraft Flies Better than them all!! They all have their distinct qualities. Now If this airplane were a Cessna Caravan then I would agree with you!!

Last edited:
Oh . . . I didn't realize that movie was an EXACT depiction of what EXACTLY happened . . . Especially since the survivors of that crash were able to recount what happened. I'm just saying, for those skeptics . . .

Nobody said that the movie was an exact representation of the actual account and I do agree with you that we will never know what took place on the ill fated flight. None of us have ever heard the CVR recording and more than likely never will; however, short of some mass government cover up (*sarcasm*) I'm sure that the "Dirka Dirka" cries on the recorder at the final moments before impact were a clear indication that sadly "they" were still the ones in control.

The guy who landed the King Air owned it, and had done a couple of lessons to learn the basics on it according to MSNBC. Now it did say he really hadn't done much flying in 18 years (150 hrs tt) so to do bring it in safely was a job well done.

Yeah, it was really hard for the NTSB to watch the FDR and see they rolled the plane. People like you scare me, you can't face reality.

Latest resources

Back