Passenger Lands Aircraft- Was the pilot OVER 60?

RIDETHELIGHTING

Total Time
Enough
why would that matter. Under part135 you could be over 60 and fly anyways. The age 60 rule only applied to part 121.

CKJET

Total Time
lots~~
I waiting at the gate in EWR... the amount of people talking about it is amazing!! What they are saying about it is even more amazing!!!

There are several Flight Sim guys sitting accross from me who feel they are more then capable of landing the Jet should something on our way to ORD today!!

Skippy

Total Time
N/a
great i can see mgmnt jump all over this---

round trip airfare to hawaii 500 land the plane at destination an extra 200.

another revenue stream- great!

Captain Morgan

Total Time
-
The guy was a certified single engine pilot anyway. Big deal. When I heard the headline, I thought it was some layman(sp?) that jumped up and did it. *yawn* Pretty funny comments though.

rickair7777

Total Time
Lots
The guy was a certified single engine pilot anyway. Big deal. When I heard the headline, I thought it was some layman(sp?) that jumped up and did it. *yawn* Pretty funny comments though.
Twins fly just like SE airplanes as long as both engines work... :rolleyes:

pilotyip

Total Time
Didn't they make a moive about this? or maybe a bunch of movies.

NuGuy

Ex-Commuter
Total Time
A two year GAO review of the regulatory law change is still in effect concerning over 60 pilots and the equivalent safety of the ruling.
If you think the GAO is the only one keeping track, then you are mistaken.

If it's one thing the FAA knows how to do, it's CYA. Whether they were going to change it or not is irrelevant...this was FORCED on them by congress, and bureaucrats don't like being told what to do.

In some dark room, they are keeping tabs on this, and the first time there is loss of life, they'll trot out some super, double secret probation study to show how blameless they are, and how changes like this shouldn't be legislated. Especially now, they can chaulk it up to just another failing of the Bush administration, even though it was congress that pushed the law.

Nu

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough

Rez O. Lewshun

Save the Profession
Total Time
X>X

He shut one engine down to simulate time in type...

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
Total Time
6AM
But could he log it? Isn't that really the most important question here?

Secret Squirrel

Total Time
some
Absolutely, He was a REQUIRED crew member. This is because he was the only licensed pilot on the aircraft at the time.

Lucky Strike

Total Time
15000+
I knew the pilot of the King Air that passed away. I believe he was slightly over 60...but slim and took care of himself. AF Academy grad and flew F100's in Vietnam and F-111's later. Retired AF. Good guy.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time
I found this funny in a sadistic way:

Then he turned to his wife and two daughters: "You all start praying hard." Behind him, his wife trembled. Sixteen-year-old Bailey cried. Eighteen-year-old Maggie threw up.

cjdriver

My dad used to kid and say; "I want to die in my sleep, with my passengers screaming in the back".

bubbers44

Total Time
With all of the distractions of praying, crying and throwing up in back he probably would have had trouble landing his cessna 172.