Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MarineGrunt

Will kill for peace.
Sorry if this is old news, but it's new to me...

I this for real???

http://www.astanet.com/govaffairs/trav_rights.asp

All passengers should be treated with respect and awareness that they are the owners of the public air space. As an airline passenger, you have the right to:
» truth in advertised prices, schedules and seat availability;
» equal access to unbiased, comparative travel information and all fare and service options;
» a comfortable seat, reasonable space for carry-on luggage, healthful meals, and clean sanitary facilities, regardless of class of service;
» timely and courteous assistance in making connections;
» use all, part or none of the segments on any ticket purchased;
» timely, complete and truthful information and courteous assistance regarding delays, cancellations, and equipment changes;
» timely and courteous assistance for the disabled and unaccompanied children;
» appropriate in-flight medical emergency assistance; and
» access to the courts and state consumer laws to resolve disputes with airlines.

I remember when one of our planes had a maintenence problem and one of our first class passengers said that he has a "Passenger Bill of Rights" card that states that we have to have a spare plane available for them.:laugh:

ASTA is the "American Society of Travel Agents", so they're not exactly part of the U.S. government. Consider that "bill of rights" to be their wished-for code of ethics.

If they want a "bill of rights", then they had better be ready to pay for it. The losses that would be caused by that "bill" would be astounding. They can expect to lose their $150 round trip tickets.

If they want a "bill of rights", then they had better be ready to pay for it. The losses that would be caused by that "bill" would be astounding. They can expect to lose their $150 round trip tickets.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings any. It's about time the customers pony up instead of the employees, anyway.

On the other hand, don't forget: this came to light because some pax and crew were stuck on an AA plane for ten, count 'em, ten hours. Over flowing toilets......the works. And you guys think that they should just STFU? Treat the pax and crew like human beings and you won't get this kind of crap.

Last edited:
Wouldn't hurt my feelings any. It's about time the customers pony up instead of the employees, anyway.

On the other hand, don't forget: this came to light because some pax and crew were stuck on an AA plane for ten, count 'em, ten hours. Over flowing toilets......the works. And you guys think that they should just STFU? Treat the pax and crew like human beings and you won't get this kind of crap.

Correct

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back