Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

PASSED my Commercial multi initial w/inst.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

snowman

So,
I retook the ride portion of the test and passed with flying colors. Didn't have to re-take the oral.
Now that I have had time to think about what went wrong with the 1st try, I will try to pass along some nuggets of info that might be useful. Know the material inside and out and trust that you know it. I knew it all, but through the conversation with the DE I was somehow becoming unsure of myself... So I started to manufacture some stress.. Thus, I got behind the eight ball and had a hard time recovering. This led to my practical flight needing to be perfect, which it wasn't. I did just enough little stuff wrong that the flight ended in disaster. This is not to say I wasn't safe, but not perfect...
My advice is keep plugging along through whatever portion and try to forget any mistakes made ASAP! You can salvage any ride if you can move past any little mistakes... My mistakes snowballed and I wasn't able to recover..
On the re-ride I just told myself I could do it. I know all the manuevers and just tried to focus on my attitude....
YEE HAWWW
Let me know if I can add anything that would be helpful.
Adios
Snowman

Sorry to hear it took 2 tries, but that is behind you now.

Congrats!

snowman said:
So,
I retook the ride portion of the test and passed with flying colors. Didn't have to re-take the oral.
Now that I have had time to think about what went wrong with the 1st try, I will try to pass along some nuggets of info that might be useful. Know the material inside and out and trust that you know it. I knew it all, but through the conversation with the DE I was somehow becoming unsure of myself... So I started to manufacture some stress.. Thus, I got behind the eight ball and had a hard time recovering. This led to my practical flight needing to be perfect, which it wasn't. I did just enough little stuff wrong that the flight ended in disaster. This is not to say I wasn't safe, but not perfect...
My advice is keep plugging along through whatever portion and try to forget any mistakes made ASAP! You can salvage any ride if you can move past any little mistakes... My mistakes snowballed and I wasn't able to recover..
On the re-ride I just told myself I could do it. I know all the manuevers and just tried to focus on my attitude....
YEE HAWWW
Let me know if I can add anything that would be helpful.
Adios
Snowman
Congratulations.:D

Could you be more specific about what went wrong on your "trial run?;) "

Latest resources

Back