• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Pasco County Plane Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It seems like half the posts this week have been about planes hitting the ground in a not-so-controlled manner. What gives?!

Fly safe

Flying Illini said:
It seems like half the posts this week have been about planes hitting the ground in a not-so-controlled manner. What gives?!

Fly safe

It's one of those weeks.

I'm still scratching my head, trying to figure out how anyone got hurt, let alone killed in this mishap. The Aeronca Chief lands so slow it seems it would take a special effort on the part of the pilot to hurt him/herself. Maybe the autopsy will reveal the pilot was incapacitated--but it still will not explain why the other occupant was in critical condition. 35 years ago, I landed a PA 12 in deep snow & ended up standing on my nose--no damage to the aircraft or pilot.

I just noticed the picture is missing from the website--it was there yesterday. It showed the Chief standing on it's nose with some damage to the L wingtip & cowling. I live just 50 or 60 miles north of there & the local papers are full of it--picture & all.

Yeah the last one I saw, looked like a sloopy off-field landing, but there wasn't much damage. Guess they removed it because of bandwidth.

Two plane crashes within 13 miles of each other in a month south of Atlanta.

1. A Baron crashed into a building shortly after takeoff.

2. A King Air 200 crashed on a final instrument approach after being cleared to "change to advisory frequency".

Latest resources

Back