Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Part-time Baron work still available in GSO if you've been to school on the B58.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snakum

How's your marmott?
The small fractional group I tag along with is still having a hard time finding contract B58 guys with a Simcom or Flight Safety school in the past 12 months. If you're retired or otherwise available part-time near GSO and have been to school on the B58 (must be the 58, and insurance will NOT waive this :( ) I'd be glad to take your resume in.

I should've mentioned, the insurance company is requiring 250 hours on a B58 (not a B55) and sim school within the last 12 months. They won't wave any part of it, unfortunately.

What if I have 2200 hours in an SR-71 and 52 night landings in a Space Shuttle? I should mention the SR-71 hours are inverted and going sideways, while being shot at.

flyboyike said:
What if I have 2200 hours in an SR-71 and 52 night landings in a Space Shuttle? I should mention the SR-71 hours are inverted and going sideways, while being shot at.

Then you wouldn't be trying to fly a Baron.

Snakum said:
I should've mentioned, the insurance company is requiring 250 hours on a B58 (not a B55) and sim school within the last 12 months. They won't wave any part of it, unfortunately.
damn i used to pay $300 for my car insurance before just got lucky to now i was able to reduce to $120 same coverage you may look http://www.insurance-quote-free.com i got to see different insurance companies price before and they'll also give rebates to their customers if claims are down for a given year.

Dangerkitty said:
Then you wouldn't be trying to fly a Baron.

I'd consider a side gig just for the fun of it (live about 1.5 away from GSO and have a pretty flexible schedule), but suppose that I'm not insurable since I have neither FSI in the Baron or 250 in type...

Think any sort of waiver is possible? (ATP/4900TT/1500PIC/3900TurbineME/300LightME)

Snakum said:
The small fractional group I tag along with is still having a hard time finding contract B58 guys with a Simcom or Flight Safety school in the past 12 months. If you're retired or otherwise available part-time near GSO and have been to school on the B58 (must be the 58, and insurance will NOT waive this :( ) I'd be glad to take your resume in.
Ya'll need another insurance company. I was instructing and ferrying 58's last year with 75 multi, <1000TT, no sim training. Another instructor was doing the same with 50 multi.

It's a freaking light twin, not a GV. No wonder they are having a "hard time" finding people...LOL.

Last edited:
wheelsup said:
Ya'll need another insurance company. I was instructing and ferrying 58's last year with 75 multi, <1000TT, no sim training. Another instructor was doing the same with 50 multi.

It's a freaking light twin, not a GV. No wonder they are having a "hard time" finding people...LOL.

Sure ... as soon as I, the lowest man on the totem pole, kill everyone and take over, I'll get right on that.

No good deed goes unpunished around here. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back