Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Kiwi

Namaste
Can someone point me in the right direction please.

i've been told that for part 91 [F900] i only need to go to the sim every two years. and to renew my IR i can do this in any multi engine A/C

Is this true ??

sounds dodgy - but my flight department is "cost cutting"

Here's my understanding...............

A pilot must have a 61.58 P/C every 12 months. This 61.58 P/C must be completed in make and model every 24 months. Example.........DA-50 12/08 /// DA-EASy 12/09 /// DA-50 12/10 etc..........

61.58 = Proficiency check in an airplane that requires more than one pilot.

I think I am correct on this but I could be wrong. We (my company) train every 6 months so I could be a little fuzzy.

We're also on the 900ex and EASy.

I assume you mean to be PIC current, and then above is correct. You need to do a 61.58 check every 12 months in an aircraft which requires more than 1 crew member, but only every 24 months in each specific aircraft. If you are type rated in 2 separate aircraft requiring a different type rating each, you can rotate the checks - this year one type, next year the other one - which keeps you 24 month current on each as well.

If however you are only rated in the F900, or are not attending recurrent training for any other aircraft, you need recurrent training each 12 months on the F900.

If with regards to instrument currency you are referring to the 6 month/6 approaches/ holds/interecpts/ tracking to be 61.57(c) current, that is only by aircraft "category", which is "airplane". You could do those in a Cessna 152 or a simulator which representative of a Cessna 152 and that would get your instrument currency requirements done.

Hope that helps.

Thanks very much

that is how i interpret it as well.

My new question is - does the 61.58 check have to be done on an N registered aircraft?

or can it be done on another coutries registration - in the F900EASY - with an FAA check airman.

If the answer is yes - is there anyone out there who is willing to do this for me in the new year.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back