PART 91 over water

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Headwind

On a Part 91 flight from NY to south Florida, AR14 & AR1, with a life jacket for each passenger seat legal with no raft? This is a mid-size jet. Which FAR? I have looked at 91-501, but this is not fractional or time share. Someone with this knowledge please help.

HEADWIND

Headwind said:
On a Part 91 flight from NY to south Florida, AR14 & AR1, with a life jacket for each passenger seat legal with no raft? This is a mid-size jet. Which FAR? I have looked at 91-501, but this is not fractional or time share. Someone with this knowledge please help.

HEADWIND

Does the flight take you more than 50 miles from land? If so, take a raft.

G100driver said:
Does the flight take you more than 50 miles from land? If so, take a raft.

Actually the last time I looked at Part 91, it was 100 miles from shore. It is 50 nm for 135.

Subpart F does apply to you... it's not just for frax aircraft. The reg is 91.509 and Rick is right... you'll need one if you're more than 100 miles from shore.

Clutch_Cargo said:
Subpart F does apply to you... it's not just for frax aircraft. The reg is 91.509 and Rick is right... you'll need one if you're more than 100 miles from shore.

Make sure you get the right type as well. Type 1 is required for transport catagory airplanes.

Latest resources

Back