Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gear Up!

~Caution Wake Turbulence~
Anybody know how long it takes to get your activation code and user id to access your US Customs APIS account for part 91 operators? I have been waiting for over 2 weeks now..

Me too, waiting about 2 weeks.

I have received a couple emails, and it's my understanding that I will receive the activation by 12/23 (5 days after the 18th).

They just called me and told me that they will begin on December 18 and depending on when you register due to the amount of responses it will take about a week to get your activation key to access your account.

More fun stuff for all of us part 91 guys to do...

I read through the rules last night that were attached to the application email the CBP sent out.

There has been some chatter in the NBAA emails about ports requiring this as of Dec. 18th...stupid Customs.

In any event I was pleased to read that you do not have to re-file a new e-apis form for changes in departure time. A phone call to the port of entry is allowed. I'm still a bit confused on what you have to do, should you need to divert for weather. Of course we would pick an alternate with Customs, but how is that going to be handled? Customs addresses diversions for emergencies, but said very little about weather diversions.

What's really interesting if you read through the rules, the TSA NPRM is mentioned A LOT! That scares the heck out of me. The NPRM is terrible, and I know we will end up with some "version" of it, hopefully tamed down from it's originally proposed format.

some good poop:

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) recently announced additional measures to strengthen private aircraft security. New Advance Passenger Information System (APIS) submission requirements for Part 91 operators will require more detailed information on arriving and departing aircraft, as well as information about persons on board.

When do the new rules take effect?

The rules are published in the Federal Register dated December 18, 2008; operators have until May 18, 2009 to become fully compliant.

Who is affected?

All Part 91 operators will now be required to submit APIS manifests for ALL flights arriving into, or departing from, the United States. Previously, charter and commercial operators had these requirements only in the U.S. and in CARICOM countries.

What is my Part 91 operation required to do?

Submit electronic manifest data for all people traveling on board your aircraft
Submission due one hour prior to departure or arrival into/out of the U.S.
Data must be filed through the Electronic Advanced Passenger Information System (eAPIS) or an approved alternate system. Universal's in-house transmission system has been tested and approved by both U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) for current APIS requirements:
Advance notice of arrival information
Advance notice of departure information
Aircraft identification information, including color scheme and decal number
Complete passenger and crew manifest
Operator information to include name and address
What are my options for submitting APIS transmissions?

CBP's eAPIS transmission service
Online access
Manual entry - must key in data for every trip
Universal APIS services
Complete turn-key service
Secure proprietary system programmed for APIS compliance
Another approved third-party transmitter
What types of fines or penalties could I face if my operation does not comply with the new APIS rules?

Fines and penalties for non-compliance with the new APIS requirements will be substantial. Depending on the type of violation, the CBP fines for APIS non-compliance will likely begin at $5,000.00.

It's my understanding that if you have the ARINC Direct service they are incorporating this with thier service...so, no need for a separate password, etc. No?

I received an e-mail from them yesterday in which they assured their customers that they will be up and running by the May 18 deadline. Did anyone else get this same e-mail?

It's my understanding that if you have the ARINC Direct service they are incorporating this with thier service...so, no need for a separate password, etc. No?

I received an e-mail from them yesterday in which they assured their customers that they will be up and running by the May 18 deadline. Did anyone else get this same e-mail?

Please submit this to our fearless leader so that he may take all credit and increase his yearly bonus!

Latest resources

Back