Part 91 Flying/Management

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyer120

I wanted to get some info. My owner is taking his jet off of a 135 certificate from a management company and he wants to manage it ourselves. My questions is what are some of the things i need to have in place to operate within the regs. The plane is a GIII. Do i need a LOA for rvsm, and is there any special requirements from icao for international flying part 91? All of my flying has been part 135 or 121, so any info would be appreciated.

Last edited:
This plane was never charted out, even when it was on a 135 certificate at a management company. All the trips are owner trips and that is still the plan,part 91.

I'd start with the local FSDO. You'll need a POI (oversight is rather loose but necessary). Hopefully, they can fill you in.

You'll definitely need an Operations Manual, MEL, training program, mx program and a lot of other stuff (can you tell I'm not a management type...? ;) ) Good luck. TC

Hello

Going to 91 from 135 should be a snap. Yes you will need an RVSM Manual and Int'l Ops manual for starters, Get with your POI for further details. Drop me an email and I'll fill you in,

Good luck!

Paul

I wanted to get some info. My owner is taking his jet off of a 135 certificate from a management company and he wants to manage it ourselves. My questions is what are some of the things i need to have in place to operate within the regs. The plane is a GIII. Do i need a LOA for rvsm, and is there any special requirements from icao for international flying part 91? All of my flying has been part 135 or 121, so any info would be appreciated.
We did the very same thing a couple of years ago. Contact me off line and I'll tell you what I know.

LS

Latest resources

Back