part 91 Flight dept getting audited by the IRS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We got audited 2, maybe 3 years ago.

I know it was an aggravation for the CFO but I think it ended up being a non-event...

We've been audited before, but that had to do with some internal changes to our LLC that tripped a red flag at IRS and not anything we intentionally did.

But declaring war on corporate aviation is really a bad idea all the way around, cuz no matter what your party affiliation your big money donors, the ones who actually finance your campaign are all part of corporate aviation in one fashion or another.

I bet we claim close to 100% business use. We rarely work weekends and never holidays. We get audited every year, and as far as I know, never get any discrepancies...Fortune 200 Company

The Federal government is stepping up audits at all levels in an apparent attempt to raise revenue. IRS, Customs, Immigration, Medicare, Dept of Education, Dept. of Labor have all sent auditors out in flocks, many times just after small tecnical violations, but getting fines and settlements. Aviation is not the only industry being targeted.

Latest resources

Back