Part 142 Training Centers- for 135

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cvsfly

Our Part 135 Operation Specification A031, which authorizes us to use a Training Center (Flight Safety) for training and checking, says in paragraph g. that we must do a review and audit of (Flight Safety) every 2 yrs and submit it to our POI. Does anyone have a checklist or any suggestions on how to go about doing this?

audit

Go to the FAA web site, or if you have one of the FAR/AIM aviation CD's, go to the FAA order 8400.10, the FAA aviation inspectors handbook, and do a search on audit. We've done 2 recently, and its fairly simple, though it can be tedious if the facility or your preparation is lacking.

Examples of things to check:

-Currency of training manual,

-Verify certificate and training center authorization,

-Checkout the facility and training materials

-Instructors training/checkrides/files,

-Dates and checkrides of all pilots trained since last audit,
(incidently, this is a good time to checkout the evaluations of
training/checkrides, as typically any problems or items failed on
checkrides don't come through with the checkride forms"

-Observe ground and flight training to ensure company profiles
and procedures are being used/taught.

Additionally, the 8400.10 has examples of the "letter" to your POI stating the results of the audit. Any areas of concerns or "findings" as well as the plan to rectify these areas.

If the facility is a good one, you should be able to complete the actual audit in one or two days. If you get the plan together ahead of time and create a checklist, communicate with your training center rep. and get a copy of your checklist to them as far ahead of time as possible. This will allow them to compile the information and schedule audits of the training class and sim sessions. This will go a long way to speeding up and simplifying the process.

Good luck.

here is the web site address
http://www.faa.gov/avr/afs/faa/8400/8400.html

I to have just had to complete that same Audit of flight safety. From my understanding there is not a required checklist for it. Basically That Paragraph in your ops specs lists them items you need to check. I produced my own Audit checklist that asked a question to satisfy items a thru f. It is very generic in nature.

I also must ad that most of our training is in house. We use Flight Safety as a back up when things are tight. So if you are using them for all or most of you training your Audit might need to be more extensive than mine.

Latest resources

Back