Part 135 x country!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ipilot

Flying a part 135 operations PIC, the biggest question for a low time pilot like me is where to get the 500 hrs of x country. if anyone who has gone through the instructor route knows that we don't get that much x country. apparently someone told me that i can use the time flown between two airports whether they r 50 nm apart or not as x country time. i couldn't find any information on the FAR's on this subject. so i need some help here, is this true? can i use that time towards my total x country. i know for ATP the x country has to be 50 nm but u don't have to land. i couldn't find anything on the part 135 x country requirement. thanks in advance.....

Cross-country for 135 is just two diffrent airports they do not have to be 50 nm apart. Inspector's FAA Handbook

Yep, just two airports. The 50 nm is only for ratings/certificates.

x-c time

ipilot,

sydeseat has it right; check 61.1b3 "Cross-country time means-"

The above posts are right, any time flown between two airports is considerred 135 x-c time. However, DO NOT log that time in your logbook as x-c (in the x-c column) unless it is over 50 miles so that you can keep track of it for your ATP. I wrote that time in one of the blank columns that they have in the logbooks and labled it 135 x-c to keep it all straight. I am sure others have done it differently. Don't worry about the x-c time for the ATP, once you meet 135 mins, i believe that most of the flights you will make will be over 50 miles, so the x-c time for that will come quick.

Latest resources

Back