Part 135 Alternate Chart

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Peanut gallery said:
Is it not a simple 3-2-1 thing for when you need an alternate. Are you really asking what the wx needs to be for an alternate to comply with 135.

Just asking.....

Did you look at the chart in the link above? If you do I think that will answer your question. It is very helpful for someone that has never flown 135 before. Takes all the brainwork out of it.

Way2Broke:

Any tools you have at your disposal to assist you in doing your job properly are fair game. The individual testing you on company procedures may or may not subscribe to this way of thinking during your oral. I would. Play to your strengths by learning in the way that works best for you. Just ignore any stupid comments and drive on!

Printing and laminating a flow chart like this and carrying it with you is a good idea. We have something similar in all of our airplanes along with several other such aids to memory for things like takeoff visibility requirements, pax briefing etc... After a while on line, and a few recurrent indocs later, much of this will have been committed to memory. But when you're tired and under pressure, you'll be glad to have these memory aids available for reference!

Congrats on the new job, and be careful out there.

Best,

charter dog said:
Way2Broke:

Any tools you have at your disposal to assist you in doing your job properly are fair game. The individual testing you on company procedures may or may not subscribe to this way of thinking during your oral. I would. Play to your strengths by learning in the way that works best for you. Just ignore any stupid comments and drive on!

Printing and laminating a flow chart like this and carrying it with you is a good idea. We have something similar in all of our airplanes along with several other such aids to memory for things like takeoff visibility requirements, pax briefing etc... After a while on line, and a few recurrent indocs later, much of this will have been committed to memory. But when you're tired and under pressure, you'll be glad to have these memory aids available for reference!

Congrats on the new job, and be careful out there.

Best,

I agree, but the chart was not for me so much as it was for me to hand out to our new hires that have never flown 135 before. I have flown for 4 different 135 carriers and 1 121 carrier and have the regs down pretty well now.

Latest resources

Back